SHBBINF002 Maintain Infection Control Standards
This online course is delivered by Academy of Cosmetic Tattoo Australia.
Maintain Infection Control Standards Online Course (SHBBINF002) is a Nationally Accredited Training unit and a required prerequisite for any Cosmetic Tattooing course.
Students will receive a government-approved Statement of Attainment upon successful completion .
This certification course teaches you how to maintain infection control during skin penetration treatments. You will learn to identify, manage and control infection risks of infections to your clients, yourself and your work colleagues in Australia. Our infection control certificate course also applies to beauticians, beauty therapists and other technicians who work autonomously in salons, clinics or in cosmetic medical clinic environments where they are required to make independent treatment decisions. Get certified in no time with our convenient online training course for infection control.
SHBBINF002 Maintain Infection Control Standards can be used as a credit towards HLTINF005 Maintain Infection Prevention for Skin Penetration (a requirement for PAS license with local councils within Queensland).
This course is recommended for:
- Cosmetic tattooists
- Tattoo artists
- Body piercers
- Healthcare workers
- Laser technicians
- Beauty therapists (including for skin needling)
- And anyone who is required to make independent treatment decisions
- Study at home with this self-paced online course
- Approximately 20-40 hours of theory plus ½-day (5 hour) practical
- Flexible study with 3 months available for completion from signup
- Weekly check-ins and support via Zoom held by our expert trainers
- Nationally Accredited Training unit. Upon successful completion, you will receive a government-approved Statement of Attainment.
This unit describes the performance outcomes to review clinic compliance with the applicable state or territory and local council requirements. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication
- Two written (theory) assessments.
- One practical observation assessment, which consists of taking several short videos.
The assessment requires a simulated environment, which you can do at home. You do not need to own an autoclave to complete the course.
**Once you have purchased your course you will receive an enrolment form directly from Academy of Cosmetic Tattoo Australia